Tuesday, April 25, 2006

1967 Coupe Restoration - Carb Rebuild, LED Taillights, Fuel Pump

Yesterday I finally got around to replacing the fuel pump with a brand new one from Autozone. This ended up helping with the fuel starvation problems I've been having, especially in the lower gears. Also pictured is the Petronix Ignitor system wiring, which invisibly replaces the points system with an electronic ignition:

Image hosted by Paintedover.com

The carb is soaking right now and I expect that to help a good deal in eliminating the fuel starvation problem - got a rebuild kit, once again from Autozone. I did consider upgrading to a two-barrel, but decided to stick with the one barrel for now:

Image hosted by Paintedover.com

And of course we went ahead and installed the LED taillights, since we make them here:

Image hosted by Paintedover.com

And the project for the next week or three is rebuilding the heater box and getting the A/C fixed up. There is no reproduced heater box for this year with A/C at a reasonable price, so the old heater box will be repaired with some rust fixative and fiberglass:

Image hosted by Paintedover.com