Wednesday, August 02, 2006

New Fuel Filter and Belt Fan

The belt fan and fuel filter were replaced today. The next post will contain some pictures of the rebuilt heater box before, during, and after installation!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

1967 Coupe Restoration - Carb Rebuild, LED Taillights, Fuel Pump

Yesterday I finally got around to replacing the fuel pump with a brand new one from Autozone. This ended up helping with the fuel starvation problems I've been having, especially in the lower gears. Also pictured is the Petronix Ignitor system wiring, which invisibly replaces the points system with an electronic ignition:

Image hosted by Paintedover.com

The carb is soaking right now and I expect that to help a good deal in eliminating the fuel starvation problem - got a rebuild kit, once again from Autozone. I did consider upgrading to a two-barrel, but decided to stick with the one barrel for now:

Image hosted by Paintedover.com

And of course we went ahead and installed the LED taillights, since we make them here:

Image hosted by Paintedover.com

And the project for the next week or three is rebuilding the heater box and getting the A/C fixed up. There is no reproduced heater box for this year with A/C at a reasonable price, so the old heater box will be repaired with some rust fixative and fiberglass:

Image hosted by Paintedover.com

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

1967 Coupe Restoration - Overview

We bought this car in August and plan on completely restoring it to concours condition. We purchased the car from the original owner, who took very good care of it. The car spent it's life in Texas, purchased in San Antonio, and spent time in Austin and Dallas, which is where we picked it up.

Here is a shot of the front, as you can see the car is in great condition, it just needs a new paintjob:


Here's a shot of the engine, before we cleaned it up a bit. One interesting item in this car is the A/C. The engine portion is a Montgomery Ward aftermarket kit, while the console portion is the correct dash panel, taken from a car in the junkyard. This made getting the correct parts interesting, but by no means difficult:


Another shot of the engine from the side (it is a straight 6 if that wasn't already obvious), right before we replaced the shocks with stiffer KYB brand. We also cleaned up the air filter a bit and replaced the oil cap with a shiny chrome one:


Here is a view of the front from the other side. The paint on the front held very well, but the back is pretty much falling off. We are going to strip all the paint off, down to metal, get rid of the rust, and then apply a quality paintjob in the original color:

Welcome

Welcome to MustangProject.com's blog. Here we post updates concerning product development, articles on repairing or upgrading your vintage Mustang, and show you some of the restoration projects we are doing.